I offer clinical hypnosis to help improve athletic performance, and psychotherapy to help athletes overcome psychological obstacles.
Mental rehearsal and guided imagery are well established performance aids, and both can be made more effective when combined with sport hypnosis.
My work with athletes is informed by my training in medicine, as well as my lifelong devotion to ocean sports. My own journey as an athlete has given me a firsthand understanding of the drive to continually try to improve.
Common areas of my work with athletes include:
- Enhanced mental rehearsal
- Increasing self confidence
- Managing performance anxiety and other negative emotions
- Enhancing motivation and enthusiasm
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate levels of intensity
- Recovery from injury
If you have any questions about my work with athletes, feel free to contact me.